Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Big Announcement


We had our sonogram today. Scott, Logan and I all sat in the room anxiously awaiting the announcement. "Its a Girl!" With that Scott and I smiled at each other and gripped each other's hands. We sat in silence while the sonographer went through her routine of measuring all the baby's organs. I was thinking weird thoughts like, "maybe she is wrong. No, this is God's plan. A baby girl was meant to be, but this is Scott's last chance at a boy and carrying on the Isbell name. But its a girl and its what we were destined to do together." Obviously I was a little disappointed. Then out of nowhere, "OH! I WAS WRONG!" Before she had even finished the statement I saw the boy parts flash across the screen. Tears welled up in my eyes. Scott and I gripped even tighter. I didn't trust her, "Are you sure?! Show me again." Twenty minutes passed before our baby unfolded and flashed us his man parts. This time we got the picture. We even asked the sonographer to go back and triple check.  There was no mistaking it, Scott and I are having a SON!

Traeger Wayne Isbell weighs about 12 oz and looks beautiful on film. The doctor said he is a perfect growing baby.  Scott, Logan and Mekenzie all have red hair. The question now is, what color will Traeger's hair be?

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I can ONLY imagine what you were thinking when she said she was wrong!!! LMAO at you having her triple check! I would have done the sane thing! Congrats :)

    And YES! I've been stalking your blog all afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! :) What great news!! I'm with Keisha, I've been stalking today as well:)haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to write about the convo on the elevator after we found out. Scott felt guilty for thinking this and may never admit it again, but he said when we found out it was a girl his thoughts were, "Maybe we could try for one more..." He was right there with me. Something just didn't feel right about our baby being a girl!

    Kate, just a few more weeks!!! I can't wait for you to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for y'all!! I love the fact that Logan got to be with yall! Now we can have a CFCP babyshower :) (No really we have to have a babyshower for yall)

    FYI- I facebooked stalked you yesterday till I saw the post :D

    ReplyDelete