Thursday, November 5, 2009

Morning Sickness?

I was sick the entire 40 weeks with my first pregnancy. It was ugly. I was dropping weight in my third trimester and walked out of the hospital with 4 lbs to lose to get back to pre baby weight. Not good when you are supposed to gain at least 25 pounds while pregnant. I was grossed out by just about everything accept PBJ sandwiches or sour cream with a side of baked patatoes (real paleo huh!) I felt horrible the entire time.

I'm hoping this one will be different. I'm in a better place all around. I'm older, I'm in much better shape physically, and my diet is on point (minus all the halloween candy), and I have a major support system in my husband. I've read some great things about babies born to paleo mothers. Scott and I have always joked that we would one day bore the Superchild. Every CrossFit parent's dream right?

Today I am 5 weeks and 5 days. Uber early, I know, but I still feel good. Ok that's a little lie. I've been going to bed at Logan's bedtime and feel the urge to nap all day long, but I'm getting through my wods still. I fear next week. I felt a little queezy this morning then had a snack and it was gone. Next week the hormones will be higher...UGH! I'm really hoping my obsession with fitness and nutrition will help to ward off the evils of morning sickness!

Yesterdays WOD
800m Run
21 Press #70
800m Run
21 Push Press#70
800m Run
21 Jerks #70
Time: me - 16:18/scott - 14:58 (Dang it!)

Today I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment