Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Uphill Chase is On

I'm too busy to even see straight at this point. I miss blogging and there is always so much I want to write about, but my list of priorities over flows daily leaving the blog out of the picture.

I saw my OB at 6 weeks postpartum and the news was good. No evidence of the hernia! Cue the sound of dropping bumper plates, because this CrossFit Mama is ready to throw down on some olympic lifts, and make it heavy please!

I starting working out at 5 weeks postpartum and it sucked. I struggled to get through 10 push ups. Even foam rolling killed me. Every workout was (and still is) an uphill chase for an old PR (personal record) . I started following CrossFit main site wods, but after a few frustrating weeks changed my focus to more technique and strength.  I am currently following Coach Burgener's 12 week program and have seen huge gains in my olympic technique. I've never been so excited about a heavy snatch! As for strength, it practically doubles weekly. I like to think its due to my body being a super factory to the best growth hormones out there...BREAST MILK. Last week (12 weeks postpartum) I achieved my first postpartum goal, I cleaned 150 pounds. Next goal is a 250 pound deadlift, to be tested in 4 days..crap!

Traeger is growing fast, as he should, the dude eats every 2-3 hours. He is 100% breast fed and thriving in the 75-90% on height and weight. At just about 3 months old he is not sleeping through the night, but giving me a few 4 hour stretches. I get up everday at 5am to coach, so the nights are pretty short, but I wouldn't change anything. I am head over heels in love with him and refuse take any of his stages for granted. Honestly, he's already growing up too fast.


Between the workouts and the breastfeeding, I have the appetite of a teenage boy. Nutritionally, we've gone back to paleo. (Loosely, its hard to keep enough quality sourced protein in stock at our house and I want to eat all the time! I think I could eat a whole chicken in one sitting every day.) I have 5 lbs to drop me back at my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'll probably hold on to that as long as I hold on to these over sized milk jugs. I haven't lost any weight since 2 weeks postpartum, but my body proportions have changed significantly helping me back into those pre baby clothes. With all the strength training I'm not at all surprised in the numbers on the scale.

The biggest loss in my training is my core strength and ability to do double unders. Its not at all like riding a bike!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that video is precious! Traeger is such a cutie! I live for similar noises from our Isabelle:)haha.

    I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well (other than the sleep deprivation, of course)! :)

    ReplyDelete