Friday, August 6, 2010

HEALING

Shortly after bringing Traeger home Scott was scheduled for surgery on his bicep. The day of surgery I woke up with a temperature of 103.5. Breast feeding felt like running a marathon with the flu and I couldn't stand up long enough to change a diaper. Painful! I called my OB who diagnosed me with Mastitis over the phone and sent me to the pharmacy for antibiotics. While my mom helped me at home, Scott went off for surgery and was gone all day. He then spent the following 3 days sleeping and recovering. Just as I started to feel better I woke up with another 103.9 temperature and Traeger's eye was glued shut. The entire Isbell house was in bad condition.  My father-in-law drove me to the doctor where they diagnosed me with Mastitis from over productive clogged milk ducts, as if engorgement wasn't painful enough. A few delirious hours later my mother-in-law drove Traeger and I to his pedi where he was diagnosed with conjunctivitis from a clogged tear duct, eye gel for him. A week later we are all healthy, except for Scott who cannot lift anything with his left arm, but it is on the mend.

Traeger is thriving and just under 10 lbs at 3 weeks old. He eats, sleeps, poops, eats and eats. Sometimes he gives me a 3 hour stretch at night without eating. He's already holding his head up and making attempts at rolling over. BEAST!

I lost 23 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but an holding onto the last 8. I've lost a load of muscle and gained a ton of mush all over. I have a strong urge to get back in the gym, but I'm also filled with anxiety. Call it hormones, call it fear, call it self doubt, whatever it is I have no idea how I'm ever going to be the crossfitter I once was. Yesterday I rowed 1k x 3. No time element with as much rest as needed, and boy did I need it! Its going to be a long road to the massive goals I've set for myself. Will I be able to do it and balance a growing family?! I've started back at work and am loving every minute of coaching. Traeger and Scott are enjoying it too, but it certainly adds to the balancing act.


A HUGE Thanks to everyone at CrossFit Cedar Park who has brought us food over the past few weeks. It helps out in more ways than one!

2 comments:

  1. I had no doubt Traeger would be a beast!! It's in his genes!!! :-)

    You WILL get to those goals!! Just give it time!!! It's only been 3wks since you had a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! So glad you have had help!

    ReplyDelete