Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4 days...Or Not!

So I guess an update is way overdue. I am currently 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Three weeks ago I was dilated 1cm, today I am still only at 1cm. I've tried EVERYTHING to help things progress, pull ups & crossfit, walking, massages & pressure points, fancy oils & spicy foods, and some other obvious, yet unmentionable cures. Today I've come to terms with the idea that going beyond my due date (July 11th) is my genetic curse (much like the varicose vein). Both my mom and my aunt were sent home after pitocin failed to jump start labor for them, and I was 13 days late to deliver my first child which was a scheduled induction. My doctor has set an induction date for July 16th. 2010 CrossFit Games Opening Day baby! What a change from where I was at this point last year!

I'm still working and taking care of the daily life in the Isbell house. Every time I vacuum I think, "This will be the last time I have to do this before we bring the baby home." I think Scott feels the same way about mowing the lawn. We are both looking forward to heading to the hospital as if its going to be an all inclusive vacation at some fancy resort. But at this point, getting Traeger out and myself back will be more enjoyable than any dreamy get-a-way.

And here's the awful picture of me right out of bed at 39 weeks pregnant. My weight gain is slightly over 30 lbs. I quit paying attention.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful, Nikki! I'm with you there, just a few weeks behind. SO ready to meet this baby!!! Hope you go into labor before the induction, or at least that you have a successful induction. I can't wait to see your post with pics of little Traeger!

    ReplyDelete